• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pet-sitting witch in NJ.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theLwerd

I was in the process of moving cross-country this summer, and spent time away from home - about a month or two - in order to do so (sign a new lease, etc.). My former roommate agreed to pet-sit my dogs while I was gone; I left her with more than enough food for them, as well as small amounts of cash just as a thank you. Because we had a HUGE falling out as of when I moved out (and I threatened to sue her for all of the money she owes me for utilities), she recently told me that she was planning on taking ME to court for compensation for pet-sitting my dogs. I don't think she has a case at all because I *did* give her some money (even if it was just $20 - 50). Plus, our agreement was that I'd watch her cat for her when SHE went on vacation (but I moved out and cross-country before that could happen... plus she wouldn't want me to watch the cat anyway). We never had a contract verbal or otherwise about any type of monetary compensation. It's pretty clear that she's just doing this to get back at me for our falling out. Does she have a case at ALL?!

Isis1

I was in the process of moving cross-country this summer, and spent time away from home - about a month or two - in order to do so (sign a new lease, etc.). My former roommate agreed to pet-sit my dogs while I was gone; I left her with more than enough food for them, as well as small amounts of cash just as a thank you. Because we had a HUGE falling out as of when I moved out (and I threatened to sue her for all of the money she owes me for utilities), she recently told me that she was planning on taking ME to court for compensation for pet-sitting my dogs. I don't think she has a case at all because I *did* give her some money (even if it was just $20 - 50). Plus, our agreement was that I'd watch her cat for her when SHE went on vacation (but I moved out and cross-country before that could happen... plus she wouldn't want me to watch the cat anyway). We never had a contract verbal or otherwise about any type of monetary compensation. It's pretty clear that she's just doing this to get back at me for our falling out. Does she have a case at ALL?!
when first reading your title, i really thought this was about a real hoo doo voo doo witch that was pet sitting for you.....LOL

is there a written contract for pet sitting?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">