• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stiffed by a friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisakey

I was stiffed by a friend for an airline ticket. We planned a vacation,bought a week of a timeshare from my friend and she backed out. I had purchased the ticket for her when I bought mine through Priceline.com. She was well aware of the ticket purchase and she actually helped out with the airline searches for low ticket prices. I have been more than amicable toward her for the recovery of the $$. She is a co-worker and has been duping me for several weeks. I would like to pursue a small claims action against her. Is a verbal agreement binding these days? I had to put the tickets on a credit card. I have found someone else to go with me...they purchased their own ticket, but I would still like to recover the $426 I am indebted for..

JETX

Verbal agreements can be binding, depending on the case.

And since this issue (verbal agreement between 'friends' about loan, debtor stiffs 'friend') is VERY common on this forum, I suggest that you do a search of the previous posts for the answers. I know that I have personally answered this issue about 20 times or so.....

Click on:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">