• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Horrible Neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kelsmwy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

We have had ongoing problems since neighbors moved in several years ago. They have vandalized our house a few times and over this past weekend broke out the window in my convertible. We can't prove legally it is the 6th grader but we know it is him and all the neighborhood children say he has it out for us. I think I could get together enough 'evidence' to win a civil case against them for the broken window (he was recently caught breaking a window out in the school across the street as well) but am not sure where to file. Would this be small claims or civil litigation? Would I need to file against his parents since he is a minor? Where would I file this? What documentation would I need? I have filed several reports for the incidents alleging it was him but again...no legal evidence.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">