• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$2000 worth of items thrown away from a cleaning service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrcannon

I am in NYC and recently moved out of an upscale apartment complex with Valet inside. We hired a cleaning service to clean our apartment 3 days before we moved out and still had belongings inside. They were never instructed to do so and the night i found the things missing the guy called the maid and confirmed they were thrown away and I ended up outside with the maintenance guys kicking around 24 floors of trash to see if we could see anything. The cleaning lady threw out almost $2000 worth of our clothes. We submitted a list to the valet and the insurance company of what we were missing. I contacted the real estate company who then connected me to the owner of the Valet Service. We are missing clothing, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent with laundry cards with money in them (for the building), etc. Now after 2 weeks the owner of the building is making us wait for an insurance company and she doesnt know how long it will take and we told her to reimburse us now and deal with the insurance company and she said "unfortunately thats not how business works". Is there anything we can do???

mrcannon

I am not at fault and she has given no timeframe. Why should I have to wait for her companies fault?? Shouldn't I get extra $ for my troubles?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am not at fault and she has given no timeframe. Why should I have to wait for her companies fault?? Shouldn't I get extra $ for my troubles?
Sue the bad people for your actual losses (not the $ for your "troubles" - just your losses).

I'm SURE that will be faster :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">