• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dont kow what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

animia

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (ca)
I let a friend borrow an expensive massager. For weeks I have been trying to contact her and get it back. Little did I know according to what she said in the voicemail, she gave her phone away and went to Mexico. Unaware of this I went to her home with peace officers seeing if she would give it back. That attempt failed. No one would answer the door. And so I leave and I call her phone one more time. I let a voicemail. I don’t know anything about the law but I think trickery is fair game. On that voice mail I said I told the police that the item had been stolen from my home and if it was returned that I would not take any legal action...well I was right. Somehow that voicemail got her attention all the way in Mexico where she claimed to be. So she called me back shortly after I left her residence. I didn’t answer but she left a voicemail...this voicemail jumped from subject to subject basically saying that because I brought the police to her house that she would damage my property. Then she went from saying that she would damage it to saying she may or may not return it. and then she said she is coming back from Mexico on the 11th (today) and that its in perfect condition and she only used it once and its sitting in her husbands closet safe and sound with not even a scratch on it...so I have on recording not only that she has my item and its in good condition but that she would keep it or if she gave it back it would be damaged. I don’t think she remembers all the incriminating evidence she left in my voicemail. But what should I do now. She said she would give it back today. So just in case I figure I should wait a few more days if she does not try to contact me and then try to contact her. And if she does not reply to take legal action. I would like your professional opinion if you can.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? (ca)
I let a friend borrow an expensive massager. For weeks I have been trying to contact her and get it back. Little did I know according to what she said in the voicemail, she gave her phone away and went to Mexico. Unaware of this I went to her home with peace officers seeing if she would give it back. That attempt failed. No one would answer the door. And so I leave and I call her phone one more time. I let a voicemail. I don’t know anything about the law but I think trickery is fair game. On that voice mail I said I told the police that the item had been stolen from my home and if it was returned that I would not take any legal action...well I was right. Somehow that voicemail got her attention all the way in Mexico where she claimed to be. So she called me back shortly after I left her residence. I didn’t answer but she left a voicemail...this voicemail jumped from subject to subject basically saying that because I brought the police to her house that she would damage my property. Then she went from saying that she would damage it to saying she may or may not return it. and then she said she is coming back from Mexico on the 11th (today) and that its in perfect condition and she only used it once and its sitting in her husbands closet safe and sound with not even a scratch on it...so I have on recording not only that she has my item and its in good condition but that she would keep it or if she gave it back it would be damaged. I don’t think she remembers all the incriminating evidence she left in my voicemail. But what should I do now. She said she would give it back today. So just in case I figure I should wait a few more days if she does not try to contact me and then try to contact her. And if she does not reply to take legal action. I would like your professional opinion if you can.
What is the value of the equipment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">