• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serving Process -

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

a_la_n_99

I have filed a suit against a former roommate who wrote me a bad check. He gave me a forwarding address but does not stay there. I don't know where he works, if at all.

I filed a suit in the small claims court and hired a process server to serve him, but they have been unsucessful in serving him. I already have reset the court date twice. I do have his car license no and his ssn, and his cell phone. However he just hangs up on the process server calls him.

It is extremely frustrating to know that you have to let someone cheat you and get away simply because you don't have his address. The authorities can very well get his address, eg from the social security office, or he might even co-operate if the sheriff calls him and asks him for his location but I doubt they would do so.

Any advice ?
Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">