• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

won the case, now bond co. won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Frosty14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

I took a company to small claims court for faulty workmanship and won a portion of the total requested amount. Now I recieved a letter from thier bond company telling me they have denied my claim because state law says I should have gone to Superior Court. What should I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

racer72

Take your small claims judgment to a superior court and have your judgment upgraded. Depending on where in the state you live, this could take just a few minutes or you may have to appear before a judge. Call your local court and ask.

Frosty14

clarification

I never wanted to involve superior courts or bond companies. I wanted a refund of some of the money I paid the company to do the job that they screwed up on, so I took them to small claims and won. My judgement in small claims is against the company (LLC) and so I believe the company owes me the money, not thier bond company. What are the legal methods to collect this judgement from a LLC company?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I never wanted to involve superior courts or bond companies. I wanted a refund of some of the money I paid the company to do the job that they screwed up on, so I took them to small claims and won. My judgement in small claims is against the company (LLC) and so I believe the company owes me the money, not thier bond company. What are the legal methods to collect this judgement from a LLC company?
Racer gave you your answer.

racer72

Or try to collect directly from the company. You will likely have to involve an attorney to do this and depending on the amount, this may not be cost effective.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">