• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filthy Tenants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LitlWaif

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I have a tenant that was on a six month lease which ended 10/08. She is now on a month to month, is always late with the rent, keeps a filthy apt and has no respect for anyone sleeping after 11pm. I have given her a 60 day notice to quit. She now has moved in her daughter and grandchildren even though she signed the lease and it stated exactly how many and who could live there. Is there anything I can do even though I have given her a 60 day notice?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I have a tenant that was on a six month lease which ended 10/08. She is now on a month to month, is always late with the rent, keeps a filthy apt and has no respect for anyone sleeping after 11pm. I have given her a 60 day notice to quit. She now has moved in her daughter and grandchildren even though she signed the lease and it stated exactly how many and who could live there. Is there anything I can do even though I have given her a 60 day notice?
You need to proceed with the eviction process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">