• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who do I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ACTCertified

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I took my car to a local alarm and radio shop to have my car's radio upgraded and an alarm installed. While my car was at the shop overnight it was supposedly broken into and the new radio was stolen. Ironically the new alarm was not yet installed. Brilliant.

The police could not find any forcible entry so the shop either never installed the radio and I'm being scammed, or the shop did not lock the doors.

My insurance company is skeptical about the whole thing and told me that the shop is responsible. So I went to the shop and they told me that they are not responsible and that I have to go through my insurance.

The point is that I'm not being paid so I'm going to have to sue somebody. Who?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I took my car to a local alarm and radio shop to have my car's radio upgraded and an alarm installed. While my car was at the shop overnight it was supposedly broken into and the new radio was stolen. Ironically the new alarm was not yet installed. Brilliant.

The police could not find any forcible entry so the shop either never installed the radio and I'm being scammed, or the shop did not lock the doors.

My insurance company is skeptical about the whole thing and told me that the shop is responsible. So I went to the shop and they told me that they are not responsible and that I have to go through my insurance.

The point is that I'm not being paid so I'm going to have to sue somebody. Who?

The person that had care and control of your car. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">