• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

urgent-used car, what can I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

M&MGarcia

I live in Indiana, in Nov/2000 I bought a 1998 olds delta 88 from a Ford dealership. At purchase, check engine light was on,I inquired as to why,I was informed that car had been checked and serviced by service dept and was fine, that light was due to gas gauge dropping too low and if anything should happen falling short of changing engine we would just be traded out"No problem". Next day car began shuting off while in drive. I notified dealer, it continued to happen, I returned to dealer twice to have car checked. Did so and was told it was a vaccuum leak. I had to replace fuel harness. Car continued to experience problems. I have changed intake gaskets. 3 weeks ago at start up engine popped and smoked. My mechanic has changed head gasket set, resurfaced heads and replaced starter. Car continues to display problems and is inoperable. I have approached dealer to help me with this because I was informed that the car was checked and serviced and was in good condition, with the problems the car has experienced since the beginning I was decieved that the car was fine when it wasn't. They are suggesting I pay on this vehicle(which I can't drive)for 12 months then they can trade me out. Yesterday the comment was made that it was my fault due to the fact that my credit wasn't good enough to be approved for a car of the year. I feel taken advantage of due to my situation. I lost 2 days of work and my wife lost 3 days and jeopardized her job due to this. I know lemon laws apply to warranties and new autos but do I have any rights, am I entitled to anything,is there another route or can I recieve any help in resolving this matter? All advice and suggestions are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

L

lawrat

What they did to you is probably (depending on how successful your lawyer is) fraudulent. The fact they are trying to say it was your fault, due to your credit, is proof positive they are attempting to shift the blame.

So...get yourself a lawyer and have some fun. http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">