• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case to bring to small claims?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ljj1984

Florida. I signed a lease with my ex boyfriend who had agreed to pay half the rent on an apartment. Just after we moved in he quit his job and totally depended on me for everything. Not only did he never pay a penny in rent but I also supported him financially. I saved all documentation of money he spent of mine. He also had us evicted from our apartment by throwing parties while I was at work and school. The pressure he put on me caused me to fail out of graduate school when I was on a full ride scholarship. I have plenty of witnesses and proof of how much he took from me and it is in the 1,000's. Do I have a case to bring to small claims? Thank you for any answers I get. Any advice helps. I also need a lawyer who specializes in this kind of stuff.

Proserpina

Florida. I signed a lease with my ex boyfriend who had agreed to pay half the rent on an apartment. Just after we moved in he quit his job and totally depended on me for everything. Not only did he never pay a penny in rent but I also supported him financially. I saved all documentation of money he spent of mine. He also had us evicted from our apartment by throwing parties while I was at work and school. The pressure he put on me caused me to fail out of graduate school when I was on a full ride scholarship. I have plenty of witnesses and proof of how much he took from me and it is in the 1,000's. Do I have a case to bring to small claims? Thank you for any answers I get. Any advice helps. I also need a lawyer who specializes in this kind of stuff.
You might have a case for the unpaid rent, etc, depending on the actual lease and the actual agreement/s with your exboyfriend.

However he's not going to be liable for you failing school. You're responsible for that one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">