• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice about unexcused absents at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

big_pete

in early march i went out and got drunk and wanted to drive home drunk but my friends would not let me so i put up a fight. my friends called the cops because i was saying things i would not say or do when i was sober. the cops came and took me to the hospital and i was court comitted for 48 hours. my mother called work and told them i would not be back untill tuesday (the day after i got out) and they said that would be fine since i was in the hospital. that tuesday i went back to work and everything was fine untill they heard i was court comitted and then they started to fill the forms out for unexcused absents. i had one on my record and they are trying to pin me with three more for when i was in the hospital. at work u can have only four unexcused absents and u will be terminated. they said since they made a mistake i will be able to still work there. a friend told me about this site and to get some answers to see if they can give me those absents since i was under doctor supervison.

A

Attorney_Replogle

Unexcused absences

You have a good question and I am not sure of the answer. I would think that if the employer had not originally agreed to not mark you as being unexcused, that they have to abide by that. I would recommend that you get a local employment law attorney to write a letter to the employer gently but firmly requesting this. You should look into obtaining a so-called legal insurance plan as it will be cheaper for you, and you may need their services later on. You can find more information on those plans at https://law.freeadvice.com/resources/legalplans/index.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">