• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crazy Ex Girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jbartucca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Okay so back in november my girlfriend paid off 4500 dollars worth of my debt. I told her not to and she logged in to my accounts and paid it off anyways. I was grateful for it, but at the same time didnt want to be forced into a situation where i owed her money. I verbally told her i would pay her back and since november have made a few payments. There is no contract and i never signed anything. I was fine with paying her back, but i recently found out she cheated on me while we were together and i dont want to pay her back now. Can she take me to court? And if she can, is there any way she can win?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Okay so back in november my girlfriend paid off 4500 dollars worth of my debt. I told her not to and she logged in to my accounts and paid it off anyways. I was grateful for it, but at the same time didnt want to be forced into a situation where i owed her money. I verbally told her i would pay her back and since november have made a few payments. There is no contract and i never signed anything. I was fine with paying her back, but i recently found out she cheated on me while we were together and i dont want to pay her back now. Can she take me to court? And if she can, is there any way she can win?
Yes, she can take you to court. Yes, she can win. Yes she can ruin your credit. Yes you should pay her whether she cheated on you or not.

She probably isn't charging you interest, but if she gets a judgement you can expect to pay your state's statutory maximum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">