• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fraud. notice to appear in Ca. what to do?help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

craw

my friend made a copy of my ski pass and got caught. They arrested him, I wasn't but they took my pass. he goes to court monday march 19(this happened over a month ago), now i got sent a notice saying something to the effect that i have to appear or something on a later date march 26 i think (i didn't open it, my mom read it to me over the phone). why are they doing this now? why didn't they arrest me then? do i have to go? what if i lived abroad and never got this? how can they punish me if i never got it? what do i do? thanks.

V

Virginian

Just because you weren't arrested at the time doesn't mean they can't press charges later. This seems a very minor offense---just go to court and take your chances.

V

Virginian

Better yet, for a paltry $12.95 you can call and ask a REAL attorney what to do---check out the top post "how to get good legal advice"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">