• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assualt and battery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i live in virginia and i was dropping my daughter of to see her dad..although he has no visitation rights..things got out of hand and he hit me with her car seat..i called 911 and when they arrrived they told me to fill out a warrent..well when i did that...they served me saying he had just left and claimed that i hit him...i never touched him...do i have any recourse?

H

HumorMe!

You need to track down all your information regarding your 911 call and subsequent events.

Get the names, etc of the people that responded to the call. Get any documentation they had to fill out.

Do not let your daughter go with him again. He will have to take you to court for visitation rights. At that point, you request supervised visitation, with the documented evidence that he has been violent to you in front of the child at a previous exchange.

hm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">