• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inclusive transfer of all property...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

POOLBOY

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? We are currently located in WA, but the property and possessions in question are still located in HI.

Hello,

My 'Significant Other' , or 'Domestic Partner' is currently being investigated for committing multiple Felony Charges in witch she could be facing between 8 - 20 years. She will be pleading Guilty. Retainers are running around 10k.

What we are trying to accomplish is the complete and inclusive transfer of all her property, possessions, automobiles, pension, etc. to my name so that I can either move her property from Hawaii to Washington, and/or liquidate whatever I need to so we can pay attorney fees, rent, etc.

What I would like some advice on is;

"Witch states laws do I need to be more concerned with?"

"What can be transfered to me, what can not (ie: Pension?), and is there a waiting period for said transfers to be legally recognized?)

"What forms will I need to complete what I am trying to do?"

"In the interest of saving money, is this something (the transfer of property, not the Fed Charges) that can be handle w/o retaining an attorney?"

Thanks so much for any help,
JeffWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

anteater

Why not have her grant you Power of Attorney to act as her agent? Might cost $100 - $200 to have an experienced attorney draw up the document.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">