• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unusual Small Claims Case; I am seeking help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

compass55

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

A girl a while ago instant messaged me through the internet. I talked with her for some time, although she was posing herself with a fake name. She said she desperately needed to borrow some money to pay for rent so I said I would lend it to her via western union, but since she didn't have an id, she said, she asked if I could send it to her cousin. Well, when I asked for it back, I traveled to Ohio, where she said she lived, and stopped by her home, and the person living there said she didn't know who I was talking about. Well, it turns out that she was indeed using a fake name, and the cousin was really her. Now I have emails of her using the fake name. I wonder if I can seek recourse for all the money I let her borrow through western union. And if so, do I file for small claims in Pennsylvania, where I live, or Ohio, where she lives? All the money transaction (which I am seeking $5,000 for) was done through western union from PA to OH.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">