• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IS HOA Board violationg homeowners constitutional rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vladimir Skul

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Illinois
Our Constitution gives undisputable right to every American to protect his/hers home, property and lives. Our HOA boar has vorbidden posting of standard alarm company signs in front of any home, in spite of the fact that two of our homes recently experiencedd attempted burglary. They permitt window decals only. Large, easily visible deterent sign could have prevented those attempts. I do believe that our sacrosant constituational rights supersedes such a ridiculous decission?
The same Board has vorbiden FOR SALE SIGNS posted by realtors. Our HOA consists of 20 homes owned by SENIORS. Two have died, one moved to assisted living facility and one is moving to other area. I do believe that they
are violating the basic right of an american citizen to sell his/hers home in any possible legal way regardless how long it takes particularly in the present economy.There are many milluions FOR SALE ADT AND BRINKS signs posted in front of american homes all over the Country... but not in our American community. Our constitution gives equal rights to all of us.
YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE

i.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IllinoisWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Illinois
Our Constitution gives undisputable right to every American to protect his/hers home, property and lives. Our HOA boar has vorbidden posting of standard alarm company signs in front of any home, in spite of the fact that two of our homes recently experiencedd attempted burglary. They permitt window decals only. Large, easily visible deterent sign could have prevented those attempts. I do believe that our sacrosant constituational rights supersedes such a ridiculous decission?
The same Board has vorbiden FOR SALE SIGNS posted by realtors. Our HOA consists of 20 homes owned by SENIORS. Two have died, one moved to assisted living facility and one is moving to other area. I do believe that they
are violating the basic right of an american citizen to sell his/hers home in any possible legal way regardless how long it takes particularly in the present economy.There are many milluions FOR SALE ADT AND BRINKS signs posted in front of american homes all over the Country... but not in our American community. Our constitution gives equal rights to all of us.
YOUR COMMENTS PLEASE

i.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IllinoisWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What proof do you have of your ridiculous claim that a sign WOULD have prevented the break in?

Zigner

(All the sign does is give the thief a time limit)

You agreed to the rules when you moved in.

Vladimir Skul

I did not sai " it would" I said" it" could".This is not USA as it was 15 yrs ago when I sign. Constitution was signed in 1776 and superseed violation of the rights given by constitution

Zigner

I did not sai " it would" I said" it" could".
EXACTLY. As such, you cannot PROVE any causal relationship between the lack of signs and the break-ins.

This is not USA as it was 15 yrs ago when I sign. Constitution was signed in 1776 and superseed violation of the rights given by constitution
That makes no sense.

tranquility

It is not unconstitutional for you to willingly enter into a contract which limits your "rights" under the Constitution.

HomeGuru

Exactly - as I said...the sign was saying "Alarm in use, please limit your time in my residence to 2 mins or less..."
**A: hahaha, too funny.
If the sign stated in God We Trust that would be different.
Maybe a sign that stated "God is Watching!" or "Thou Shall not Steal" would be permitted.

tranquility

A burglar breaks into a house at night and starts sneaking around when he hears, "Rawk..Jesus is watching you."

The burglar freezes. He stops a moment and just listens to make sure what he heard. Then, nothing. He starts creaping around again when he hears, "J-e-s-u-s is watching you, brawk!"

Again, he stops and listens. Nothing. One more time he starts moving when he hears, "Jesus is watching YOU!" This time the burglar shines his flashlight in the direction of the sound and sees a bright green parrot sitting on the ledge.

"Are you the one saying that? What's your name?"

My name is "Moses" Said the parrot.

"What kind of idiot would name a parrot Moses?" Asked the thief.

"The same kind of idiot who would name his rotwieller Jesus."

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What proof do you have of your ridiculous claim that a sign WOULD have prevented the break in?
What, you've never heard of the sign alarm system? Common in the alarm equipment business. I know one that can't keep signs on stakes in stock. Way less expensive than an security system. :p

FlyingRon

I did not sai " it would" I said" it" could".This is not USA as it was 15 yrs ago when I sign. Constitution was signed in 1776 and superseed violation of the rights given by constitution
The Constitution wasn't signed in 1776. They didn't even start writing it until 1786 and the first state ratified it in 1787 and didn't become effective until 1789 when the nintth state (NH) ratified it.

Not that it makes any difference to your argument.

HomeGuru

The Constitution wasn't signed in 1776. They didn't even start writing it until 1786 and the first state ratified it in 1787 and didn't become effective until 1789 when the nintth state (NH) ratified it.

Not that it makes any difference to your argument.
**A: the OP should listen to the parrot mentioned in the other post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">