• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notification Requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wegoromo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois (Cook County)

What, when, and how does the board/association need to notify unit owners of?

I'd like to consider a 'go paperless' option for the building but was told by management that the Illinois Condo Act won't allow it for everything.

Also, when the annual election meeting letters go out. Do candidate forms need to be included? There are over 200 units in the building yet only about 10 or so are going to run for the board. So a lot of paper is being wasted. Does the candidate form actually have to be included in the mailing?

Please site where the information came so I can prove the answers.

Thanks!!

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois (Cook County)

What, when, and how does the board/association need to notify unit owners of?

I'd like to consider a 'go paperless' option for the building but was told by management that the Illinois Condo Act won't allow it for everything.

Also, when the annual election meeting letters go out. Do candidate forms need to be included? There are over 200 units in the building yet only about 10 or so are going to run for the board. So a lot of paper is being wasted. Does the candidate form actually have to be included in the mailing?

Please site where the information came so I can prove the answers.

**A: read your condo docs. It is in there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">