• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coco

pennsylvania, a pfa was served on a person we will call bob, final order was for 18 months. the person who filled the pfa we will call jennifer. bob was served with the pfa and jennifer was able to take some of her things. she was unable to take everything because of no room. bob agreed to the sherrif that jennifer can come back to get her remaining things when it would be convient for all of the parties. bob is now requesting a list of all jennifers personal property that is at bobs house. what happens if she forgets something on that list? should bob also make a list of what he thinks is jennifers? what happens if jennifer has cancelled checks and receipts of major items that were purchased in her name and from her account, bobs name was not on the account, does jennifer have the right to that property? or does bob have the right because posession is nine tenths of the law?

[Edited by coco on 03-17-2001 at 11:00 PM]

H

HumorMe!

Who is spreading this ugly rumor? 9/10's? Does this mean I can come get your child and then I have rights to him/her? What if you leave your keys in the ignition by accident one day and I take your car? I guess it's mine now! HA HA HA HA!

Oh wait! This is reality!

Coco, in this scenario, are you asking for Bob or Jenifer? Are you Bob or Jennifer?

hm

A tourist stopped his car on a country road and asked a young boy, "How far is it to Smithville?"

"Well," said the boy, "the way you are going, it's about 24,996 miles, but if you turn around, it's about four."

C

coco

Give Me A Break lets compare apples with apples

HumorMe,
I do not know what state you are from but in PA if you have no cancelled checks or receipts for personal property 9/10ths is the law. We are not talking about children so I don't know where or how you can compare them equally. I just asked a question and if you have to be inconsiderate of my problem you shouldn't have even answered the question. When I (Jennifer), was trying to leave and take my stuff, I went to get a major item and Bob said that if you try to take it Bob will call the State Police. Sure enough he did. The State Police came to the property and since I did not have a receipt for the item, it had to stay at Bobs property until I had to prove that I owned it. Bob under no circumstances had to prove that he did or did not own the item. So theres the crumbled cookies.

S

Staci L

there is nothing funny about your situation

i was sorry to hear such a non-caring response to such serious matter. I left state to get away from my husband and i have to go to court to fight for custody, and my main concern it the property that we have in storage under his name. which incudes my most valuable belongs my pictures and belonging from my mom's house after she died in dec.
so i am not sure how to go about getting those items back!!!!
it hard to loose everything you own when you have two little girls and now i only have what i could fit on an airplane !!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">