• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business method protection?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cadpig

I'm in Ca, but I believe this would extend nationwide. I'm trying to figure out how best to protect a business idea. Example: Considering a business such as Starbucks Coffee, what form of protection keeps other similar businesses from calling out drinks the same way they do, etc? I've been told another coffee shop would not be allowed to run their business in exactly the same way, and I wonder what type of legal protection this is? Have you heard of this, and how would I obtain similar protection?

Cadpig

L

lawrat

Not sure what you mean by that. Starbucks is similar to Coffee Bean, etc. The names are different and that is probably because they are trademarked/service marked.

You need to consult both a corporate attorney and an IP attonney about business method protection.

try http://www.attorneypages.com or your state bar association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">