• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many are too many hours to work in a weeks time..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Eye324

Can an employee be fired for not working overtime?
Also are there any Arizona Laws prohibiting an employer forcing an employee to work 60 hours a week? Does anyone know if there is an hourly limit in which this might apply?
In other words, how many hours are too many hours?

B

buddy2bear

Unfortunately, the answer is yes, unless you fall under some kind of safety rules, such as DOT, or are a member of a union wherein the union contract would specify work hours, how often mandatory overtime is needed, periods of rest between shifts, etc.

It is a proven fact that Americans are working longer hours than they did in the 50s, 60s, 70s and, as a result, are really making less money than they did in the past. We are also working more than other people in other countries.

E

Eye324

Thank-You buddy2bear

Thank-You for your quick response. So I guess this means that I will have to advocate amemding the employment laws here in beautiful Arizona.. :) I am sure I can get enough people to sign a petition, to make sure employees are not just considered "Slaves"..to their jobs..

Sincerely,
Eileen Simes

B

buddy2bear

You would have far better luck unionizing your workplace than you would changing labor and employment laws -- after all, you don't have the money that the companies have that would oppose any "people-friendly" changes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">