• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alzheimer's Walker Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gortonk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vermont

My father is Stage two Alzheimer's and walks almost constantly. His other obsession is telling a joke. He was issued a citation to appear in court for a no trespass violation. The police told my mother not to go because of the Alzheimer's.She has POA.They have been away for two months. They return home in two weeks. Can she let him walk? He will not remember to stay away from the business with the no trespass.

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Vermont

My father is Stage two Alzheimer's and walks almost constantly. His other obsession is telling a joke. He was issued a citation to appear in court for a no trespass violation. The police told my mother not to go because of the Alzheimer's.She has POA.
Good, grief...dad went to the hearing by himself?
They have been away for two months. They return home in two weeks. Can she let him walk? He will not remember to stay away from the business with the no trespass.
Does that business know about dad's Alzheimer's? Someone needs to walk with dad so dad doesn't get lost.

gortonk

Alsheimer's Walker Issues

They dismissed the case. Does this mean he can walk again or not. I know it isn't fair to the business, but my concern is my mother who will have a nervous breakdown within a month if he can't walk independently. Then we are in real trouble. He isn't getting lost yet. We are in the process of doing "Safe Return". Where do I start to look for volunteer walkers? Mom's health prevents her from walking on his jaunts.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">