• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Boundary Dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1mark

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have been possessing land adjoining mine for over seven years with claims of right. I would like to know if I should request a survey by a judge appointed procession? I have just recently been told that I was on "their" property and have claim under Ga code 44-4-7 but is that how you should go about it? Or would it be better to just sue under adverses possession? I know I should talk to a lawyer about doing it but I would like to know ahead of time what most likely will happen. I have posted the Ga code that is under the processing of land boundaries. Any knowledge I could get about it would be greatly appreciated.

§ 44-4-7. Effect of adverse possession for more than seven years

When actual possession has been had under a claim of right for more than seven years, such claim shall be respected; and the lines shall be marked so as not to interfere with such possession.

John Se

your stealing land that's not yours

Adverse possession intent dates back to farming-ranching-homestead grants based on making best use of abandoned or unused land. How do you figure Honestly that it should be yours without buying it? Have you been planting it? raising livestock? Paying the taxes? or just tresspassing?

justalayman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I have been possessing land adjoining mine for over seven years with claims of right. I would like to know if I should request a survey by a judge appointed procession? I have just recently been told that I was on "their" property and have claim under Ga code 44-4-7 but is that how you should go about it? Or would it be better to just sue under adverses possession? I know I should talk to a lawyer about doing it but I would like to know ahead of time what most likely will happen. I have posted the Ga code that is under the processing of land boundaries. Any knowledge I could get about it would be greatly appreciated.

§ 44-4-7. Effect of adverse possession for more than seven years

When actual possession has been had under a claim of right for more than seven years, such claim shall be respected; and the lines shall be marked so as not to interfere with such possession.
what claim of right? As I read your info, you may have possessed for 7 years but you have provided nothing that would be considered to be a claim of right.

so, without a claim of right, the AP requisite time would be 20 years.

so, do you have a claim of right? If not, how long have you been possessing, up to now? Has the true landowner also used the land?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">