• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired 1n 1997- need help!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wtchoco

after working for a company for almost seven years- this employer also gave me a promotion right before firing- believe my original job being too costly to company- offered me to apply for new position. manager set me up to fail? also- i was placed in the position due to years of experience- 72,000 hours of work within comapny- not due to my "qualications" meeting job description qualifications
help!! is it too late for me to do anything? i became severly depressed ater this hard blow- am afraid i wasted to much time........

A

Attorney_Replogle

Too late

You will have to check with a local employment law attorney but I would venture to say that you slept on your rights and now have nothing to sue for. In California you have one year from the time of the termination in order to sue or else your rights are forever lost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">