• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation of Character – California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

candersony2k

Re: Defamation of Character – California.
I am a consulting software developer, on hiatus and working at home and of an age to retire. My reputation, both personal and professional, is everything. I rented a room to a man a few months ago. He is also a computer type and was just out of a 6 month training school.

I am at home working during the day and to make a long saga short, this man directly accused me of going into/breaking into his room and tampering with his computer and he put a chain with a padlock on his door. He told a couple of associates that know both of us that ‘somebody’ had been going into his room into to his room and by only by innuendo accused me. As in, there was a wire hanging out of his machine and who else is at home during the day. Total nonsense. I had earlier ‘shook my head’ at him about taking software from his employer. Software developers don’t like things like that.

How close am I to having a defamation of character case?

Thank you, Charles Anderson
e-mail [email protected] Feel free.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">