• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transferring Durable POA between US states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jxsonne

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

My mother currently lives in Indiana and has completed a durable POA for finances, naming me, her daughter, as the agent. We have not actually implemented any financial actions per this POA yet, and now I am helping her move to Montana to be closer to me so that I can be of more assistance to her. (I live in eastern Idaho.)

Will the current POA form be valid in Montana or will we need to draw up another? Thank you for any insight.

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montana

My mother currently lives in Indiana and has completed a durable POA for finances, naming me, her daughter, as the agent. We have not actually implemented any financial actions per this POA yet, and now I am helping her move to Montana to be closer to me so that I can be of more assistance to her. (I live in eastern Idaho.)

Will the current POA form be valid in Montana or will we need to draw up another? Thank you for any insight.
Look in Montana's state statutes/codes under POAs. Most state statutes/codes have a POA section typically found either self-standing or a subchapter in real property, estates, trusts, and/or probate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">