• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bibi_ivis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a question to make, if anyone can advice me please and thanks.

About a year ago I moved in with my brother and sister in law with the agreement of room and bored in exchange for child care. I did this, in the amount of time I was there I ordered cable tv not only becuase I was doing online school but because they promised to help pay it so the kids could have cable tv. Unfortunatly after a while i moved out found a job and began working on my own, they moved and I asked them if they wanted to keep the cable they agreed at that point to continue to pay such bill. In the time of 6 months I moved back in with the same arrangement and come to find out the bill was not being paid it was infact a whooping 400 dollar bill. I paid most of it since I ws back living with them. But becuase their situation had changed i was this time sleeping in their living room as there was no space in other rooms of the house. Still here I am paying the bill in roder to keep the internet and cable running. Finally I get a job 4 hours away from their home, so I have no choice but to move, once more I asked if they were sure they would pay the bill and they assuered me they would. 2 weeks ago I recieve a call from the cable company stating the bill is 800 dollars in. I ordered immidiate disconnect and when they went to disconnect they made a payment of 400 dollar approx. Once they found out I ordered a hard disconnect they placed a stop payment on the payment and with the adjustments made the bill is back to 600 dollars. I want to place a small claims is this something I should do? OR what can I do please this is my credit we are talking about. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">