• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krazved

I had leased a car several years ago and due to financial problems the car got repossessed. They ended up selling the car soon after. Now years later I was served papers stating I am being sued for the balance of what they sold the car for and what I owed. I need to know if this is something I have to pay or if I am paying too much. I need help resolving this matter and I need some advice. Please help

Antigone*

I had leased a car several years ago and due to financial problems the car got repossessed. They ended up selling the car soon after. Now years later I was served papers stating I am being sued for the balance of what they sold the car for and what I owed. I need to know if this is something I have to pay or if I am paying too much. I need help resolving this matter and I need some advice. Please help
Yes you have to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">