• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-Op Housing Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abbey48

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Michigan, Royal Oak.
My former husband died a few weeks ago and he owned a co-op. I have been taking care of him for seven years (he is blind and beginning stage alzheimers). A week after he died I was mailed a Notice to Quit or eviction proceedings would be instigated. He left a clause in his will that for caring for him, I could stay here up to 18 months, and it is also left to his children.

Is this proper (the eviction) under the law? The reason states: The owner has died and you are not approved by the board. However I was approved by the board 4 1/2 years ago.

JETX

Is this proper (the eviction) under the law? The reason states: The owner has died and you are not approved by the board. However I was approved by the board 4 1/2 years ago.
Your post failed to clarify as to why you are not approved. However, your husbands death does not waive the local HOA or CCR's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">