• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tired of waiting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ed Hughes

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi
I bought a piece of property aout 4 mos. ago. The original piece of property was 10 acres. The owners built a house on the property. while they were building the house they divided the property in half. They went to get a construction loan to finish the house and found out the property line was 6" inside the house. The bank where they were getting the construction loan had them get a 15' piece of property from the other five acres for a set back. So the deed reads That 5 acres is less 15'. That peice of property was sold in a forclosure. When the bank sold it to my neighbor they missed the part about the less 15'. So he thinks he owns it. I have a quitclaim deed from the original owners, and the bank that made the mistake. I am trying to get a construction loan now to finish the house. The bank can't release the money because of this cloud. I am told by my lawyer That I have to get a quitclaim deed from my neighbor. I am told by everybody that I own the property. What can I do. I have hired an attorney and he is apparently doing nothing. TIA

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">