• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsified Documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CF80

Falsified Documents Legal Advice Needed

Pennsylvania

I took my daughter to a hospital, and after sitting for 2.5 hours, we left. We only made it as far as signing the sign in sheet and signing the paper to authorize them to bill our insurance for services. My daughter was NEVER triaged. They're saying we owe them the $75 co-pay, but we weren't seen. I asked them how this was possible, and they said she went through triage (getting temp taken, weight, blood pressure, etc.). We did take her to another hospital that night, as soon as we left, and she was triaged and treated there. The 1st hospital has a Dr's name associated with seeing my child and has (supposedly) vitals from when she was supposedly triaged, and they told me I would have to pay to see the records, even if it is for proof. I know the records can't and won't match the other hospitals records, since they would have to be made up. To make matters worse, while this is being disputed, they've sent the bill to collections! Is there any legal recourse for this? God forbid I have to take her back there and they look at old, false records to see a history and then possibly treat my daughter for something other than what's really wrong. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Last edited:

CF80

So no one has an answer or advice even though it's been read a few times? Great site! Great advice! Thanks!

racer72

So no one has an answer or advice even though it's been read a few times? Great site! Great advice! Thanks!
We are all volunteers and have jobs, families and other responsibilities in our lives. We don't sit around waiting to answer questions in these forums. In some cases, it may take a day or two for a post to receive an answer. You also did not pick the best forum for your question, it has nothing to do with small claims court.

CF80

Really?! Are you serious? I had no idea. Golly gee, I found out something new today! If you're not going to supply useful information, then go back to your life and quit wasting time with useless responses. Thank you. Actually, I posted in here wondering if I would have to go to small claims court. So, if that's what I wanted to know, then I would think this is where I should ask. No? It's funny that you found time to write something being smart, yet you have all these other things to do. I like you, you're funny.

CF80

No responses needed. I found my answer on another site, where people don't get off on being smart, thinking that it's cute.

I would have been interested in what other information you received.

My answer would have been to send the hospital a letter denying your child went through triage. In the letter notify them that if they continue you will be forced to take the matter to court for a settlement. Of course that won't work because the people reading the letter won't care.

Take it down to your local Small Claims Court, pay your fee and sue for the amount they claim, plus triple damages as this is a fraud. Then be prepared to do battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">