• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Peace1957

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I have neighbors with dirt bikes, that while they are out in the back of the poperty the noise is tolerable. Less tolerable when they invite the friends with their dirt bikes over.
When it really goes over the top is when they ride near the front of the property. The noise is unbearable and on a beautiful day when most people have their windows open, we have to shut ours and then we still hear them.

My township officials have told us, well, they are breaking no ordinances and until other neighbors complain we can't do much.

Oh, We have been in our house on 10 acres close to 20 years. They moved in 2 years ago.

Do I have any options?

thanks

Looking for peace and quiet in Mich

Last edited:

FarmerJ

Unless a local noise ord address the issue then your TWP board person was correct SO have you spoken to other neighbors to see how they feel about it ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">