• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proprety and Divorce after Death of spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tergdy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in California my ex husband and I bought property as Joint tennents and in the divorce settltment if one of us found out the other did not disclose property then the one that didn't disclose would have to pay all attorney's fees. and interest on the property. It is outlined in the divorce papers. Any way My ex husband did subdivide the property and I just discovered it. My husband left a will but I was not allowed to look at it. His Sister would not diccuss it with me. I really didn't know what I was suppose to do. It might be too late at this point to do anything. His death was on Feb 20 2006. Is there any thing I can do at this point.

latigo

I dislike saying so, but in reading your post I can’t find anything that connects.

Just what property is it that you’re concerned about?

The only property mentioned is the land the two of you purchased as joint tenants, which “he” subsequently “subdivided”. The parts don’t add up to more than the whole.

So how can you reason that your ex failed to “disclose property” held in both names, let alone subdivide it without your personal participation?

I have the feeling that you are obsessed with the imagined belief that somehow your husband cheated you in the property settlement.

For heaven’s sake. He’s been dead and buried three and a half years. And the divorce case longer than that.

Bury this also and get on with your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">