• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overpaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tracee_24_96

I was overpaid on my Feb 9,2001 pay check by about 1800.00. I did not bring it my business attention, and I spent the money. Well on March 8. I was pulling into a meeting and they asked me to write them a check for amount. at which I said no. They then informed me that they would drop my pay to mim wage until the amount was paid off. I was just wondering If I have to pay back the money. (I did not sign anything) It was electronically deposit into my account, along with my paper stub for records. Do I have to pay back the money, and do they have the right to drop my pay, with or without having me sign anything? I live in Kansas, and they corp office for my company is in Florida.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">