• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't see to get out of driveway due to neighbors bushes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

axelolson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

I have a neighbor with overgrown planting in right of way of their property. The road curves and with overgrowth, makes getting out of driveway near impossible to do it safely. I have asked them to trim the bushes and have gotten the City involved, but no long term solution has been found. Neighbor refuses to trim and I am very worried about my kids safety crossing the street for school bus - you can't see oncoming traffic until they are right on top of you. Help?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FarmerJ

When you contacted your city did they tell you if there was any local ords addressing the situation with these plantings ? If there is no local ord then there isnt much more you can do but ask the city if they can post your street with signs calling attention to blind spots. Perhaps you could install a mirror on a push in post on your property that would show you any coming traffic.

justalayman

if this is within the city limits and only a local street, the city would be the place to go but if it is outside the city limits, if there is a county road commission , they would be the entity to contact.

In my area, there are also a lot of roads that are either state roads or even US highways. If either applies (even if it is within the city limits) the appropriate state or federal offices can assist.

You might also contact the school. They often have the proper contacts or sometimes, even the clout, to remove a situation that is dangerous to the students.

appraiser55

Maybe sneak out there and trim it back at night. Or hit it with a little herbicide or something. Not enough to kill it, just enough to knock it back a bit. The guy will think the county did it.

FarmerJ

APP wrote > Maybe sneak out there and trim it back at night. Or hit it with a little herbicide or something. Not enough to kill it, just enough to knock it back a bit. The guy will think the county did it. < it is now well past weed control times where spraying is done in rural townships for weed control along narrower twp roads. Spraying ditch areas with in X number of feet of roads is normally done in sometime in mid July thru first part of Aug , it is not a good choice to go and spray something that is not on your own property. If there is a local ord addressing it then press your city officials to check it out. If there is no local ord ask for blind spot signs and just be careful. , Your free to consult with a atty about eventually suing the neighbor should there be a accident. IF nothing else try asking your city council to reduce the speed on your street! I remember years ago Hopkins had some areas posted as 25 MPH.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">