• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Constant Harassment from neighbor through police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RonRod

Lakewood, OHIO

I am having a problem and I am not sure where to turn for help or what to do about the matter.

Over the past few months, the police have been called to my apartment four times on noise complaints, and four times I have not been issued a citation. The last time they came I was doing homework at the dinning room table...with no TV or radio on. The police showed around 11pm because my neighbor below complained about a loud disturbance, she said it sounded like I was moving furniture and yelling. The only thing I could think of was that my chair could have been making some noise when I pushed it in or out. I don't find this as a casue for calling the police though! The time before that the police showed up and I was sleeping! It was 3o'clock in the morning and I had to work the next day! Its extremely embarrassing every time, they question me and make me feel like a criminal! In the end they always say the same thing..."Well we didn't hear anything but we got the call so we had to come out...we're going to let you off with a warning this time". I don't know what to do anymore. I have done everything I can to be as quite as possible when I am home....for goodness sake I work and go to school full time and when I am actually home I feel like a prisoner. I can't watch TV at a normal volume or ever listen to music....or have guest! I am at wits end! I have spoken with the landlord about the situation and things seemed to be resolved for a few weeks but then it started all over again and my complaints are going no where with the building management. I am afraid that I will be evicted because of the constant unwarranted complaints and police calls.

Is there anything that I can do?

Mass_Shyster

when I am actually home I feel like a prisoner. I can't watch TV at a normal volume or ever listen to music....or have guest! I am at wits end!
I would watch TV and listen to music and invite guests. The police will quickly determine that the neighbor is being unreasonable.

You can also discuss it with your landlord and explain that you do not want an eviction on your record, so if he/she wants you to leave, please let you know and you will go without a fight. It doesn't sound like a place you want to live anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">