• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to pay someone elses credit card bill in Nevada?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shannondawn

My husband’s ex-girlfriend had purchased some items on her Sears credit card, and when she decided to leave him she was unable to take the things with her. Included in this bill was the purchase of a computer that she had bought for my husband as a gift. When she realized that she couldn't take the things with her, she asked my husband if he would keep the things for her. He agreed then she changed her mind and decided that if he was going to keep the items in the house and use them that he needed to pay the bill for the items. He paid the bill for several months, and paid over $1500.00 on the bill. After receiving an e-mail from her last month stating that she wanted the balance of $3600.00 paid within the next month. After thinking about her demands he decided just to give the items back to her and keeping the computer, which was a gift as compensation for the $1500.00 that he was already out for the portion of the bill that he had paid. Now she is threatening to take us to court to either make us bill the balance of the bill or to return the computer. My question is what legal right does she have?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">