• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

are you an officer of the law (Ca)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yeahright

I asked this guy who had been living with my roomate for 2 months if he was a cop the other night after he had asked me a pointed question. I asked him again if he was an "officer of the law", at which point he dropped his head, looked at me and responded with "Yes, I am." My roomate was not around and now he denies the conversation. How do I find out if he really is a cop investigating in my house and what are my rights as far as evidence collected? (phone taps and such)

L

lawrat

Good question. You can't. If he is undercover, he will not tell you. So, be on your best behavior. Maybe this might be the scare you need. After all, if you are not doing anything wrong, why should you worry?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">