• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have no condo association...help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

440RobertsRd

ILLINOIS
I presentl;y am buying a condo unit in a building that has NO condo or home owners association. I mean there once was an association BUT it has been dissolved and there is NO association on this buidling, it is a twelve unit condo building. I Have NO water or garbage pickup services. The City of Glenwood Illinos says its up to me, the only owner in the buidling to hire a private garbage pickup firm to pick up my garbage. What the hell are my taxes for?. By the way I have not moved in or closed on this transaction as of yet.....Secondly, since I paid a very small price for the condo unit, I have DO NOT have a mortgage(Since I'll be paying ALL CASH) and of course I can't get home owners or condo insurance as a result of NO condo association. So I can buy just personal property insurance?.
Since I cannot form an association due to the fact that no one lives here until I move in, what can I do?.
Should I just forgo the earnest money deposit? or get my attorney to force the remaining owners (Who don't live on the premises) to fork over some cash to insure the entire buidling?
Can anyone send an answer to me ASAP!!!!!! I am desperate and need to know before I commit myself to a building with NO future so far.

Real - Tor

Last edited:

HomeGuru

ILLINOIS
I presentl;y am buying a condo unit in a building that has NO condo or home owners association. I mean there once was an association BUT it has been dissolved and there is NO association on this buidling, it is a twelve unit condo building. I Have NO water or garbage pickup services. The City of Glenwood Illinos says its up to me, the only owner in the buidling to hire a private garbage pickup firm to pick up my garbage. What the hell are my taxes for?. By the way I have not moved in or closed on this transaction as of yet.....Secondly, since I paid a very small price for the condo unit, I have DO NOT have a mortgage(Since I'll be paying ALL CASH) and of course I can't get home owners or condo insurance as a result of NO condo association. So I can buy just personal property insurance?.
Since I cannot form an association due to the fact that no one lives here until I move in, what can I do?.
Should I just forgo the earnest money deposit? or get my attorney to force the remaining owners (Who don't live on the premises) to fork over some cash to insure the entire buidling?
Can anyone send an answer to me ASAP!!!!!! I am desperate and need to know before I commit myself to a building with NO future so far.

Real - Tor
**A: I would not buy in that building for there are numerous problems already.

Francey

Question regarding your situation.....

I am a property manager in Illinois. Has your situation been resolved? If not do you mind telling me the address of the building? Per Illinois law, you can not have a condominuum building without an Association. This building needs to get back on track. I am surprised after you contacted Glenwood garbage pickup facility, they did not make a visit to the building. I can possibly help you get this back on track.

-----------------------------------------------------------
ILLINOIS

Real - Tor

HomeGuru

I am a property manager in Illinois. Has your situation been resolved? If not do you mind telling me the address of the building? Per Illinois law, you can not have a condominuum building without an Association. This building needs to get back on track. I am surprised after you contacted Glenwood garbage pickup facility, they did not make a visit to the building. I can possibly help you get this back on track.

-----------------------------------------------------------
**A: the OP has no standing to get anything back on track.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">