• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hk_2000

NY, US

I recently bought a house and hired a landscaper to work on my backyard to remove all the flowers, weeds and plants we had and instructed him that we only need grass.

Upon our verbal agreement we agreed to a price of 1050 for labor plus material. The landscaper also confirmed that he would guarantee his work for one year.

I have paid for all the materials by check as the receipt were presented to me for the materials and have paid half of the labor cost as well.

After a few weeks I see weeds coming in my backyard and have advised the landscaper of the issue in which he advised that we need to use fertilizer in order to fix the issue which I and was ready to pay for the materials and labor.

The landscaper is now demanding that I pay him in full before he does any work, I am ready to pay him the whole amount provided he fixes the issue. He is threatening to take me to court and I want to know if he or I have any legal standing.

Appreciate your advise.

Ed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">