• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor trying to escape !!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DEDE 8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

The neighbor has encroachments and code violations. I am suing, but the case has been running over a year already. Now, he is trying to sell. What can I do to make sure the encroachments are fixed before he leaves?

To encourage him to fix things, I had sent him a letter specifying how much rent I was charging monthly for the encroachments. Can I use this as a basis for a lien?

Would he be able to outrun an injunction?

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Partner!
:eek:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

The neighbor has encroachments and code violations. I am suing, but the case has been running over a year already. Now, he is trying to sell. What can I do to make sure the encroachments are fixed before he leaves?

To encourage him to fix things, I had sent him a letter specifying how much rent I was charging monthly for the encroachments. Can I use this as a basis for a lien?

Would he be able to outrun an injunction?

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Partner!
:eek:
I just wanna point out that you can't arbitrarily & unilaterally impose a rental contract where none existed.

HuAi

You can't charge him rent unless he agrees to it. You can file a public notice with the county registrar of deeds called a "lis pendens." This informs the buyer that the property is involved in a law suit. A title survey will reveal this for the buyer. Also, call the real estate agent listed on the for sale sign and inform him or her that there is an active lawsuit and a list pendens notice. The agent will be obligated to inform the buyers.

divona2000

Is the property listed with a Real Estate Agency?
Are they aware of your claims/suit?
Do you have written proof, such as copies of violation notices?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">