• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Staph infection or Unwanted Dog?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

naabugone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I own a kennel and I have a problem owner of a puppy I sold over three months ago. The owner of the now 6-month-old puppy is trying to sue me. They have found out their puppy has a staff infection. Looking up Treatment for Staph Infection in dogs I found that it’s a Bacterial infections often secondary to another problem. The Staph infections of the skin are very common in dogs. It is the most common bacteria present on the skin of dogs. Often the bacteria are present without any clinical signs, such as lesions. Usually, there is something that triggers the infection so that the bacteria settles into the pores. Fertilizer, grass seed, pollens or other allergens can act as the trigger, leading to a staph infection. Allergy symptoms may include itchy ears, feet and abdomens. When the skin is inflamed due to allergies, it is more likely to get infected by bacteria such as staph. Staph bacteria are widespread and cause mild to severe skin infections in dogs of all ages.
Occasionally, usually in adults, the animal is actually allergic to the staph bacteria. These dogs have severe red, itchy skin. All cases of staph pyoderma can progress and should be treated as soon as possible. It could be the possibility of parasitic infections, allergies, and hormonal abnormalities.

They have sued for their money back for the puppy and for me to pay all vet bills. I have every new prospected new owner read and sign my puppy purchase agreement. I only give refunds in the first 48 hours after puppy has been taken to vet and proven have a life threatening illness. I do offer a two-year, 100% money back or puppy replacement guarantee against all genetic defects. I do not under any reason pay vet bills and this is also on my web site.

Buyer’s Agreement
Seller ________________________ Litter # _________
Buyer _________________________ Breed ________ Whelped_________
Address ______________________ Sire __________________
City/State/Zip _______________________ Dam ________________
Phone ___________________ Sex ____ Color ___________________
Email Address ___________________________
Purchase Price $ _______ Less Deposit $________Balance Due $_______
DOG MUST BE PAID IN FULL 1 WEEK PRIOR TO SHIPPING
To the best of my knowledge this puppy is in good health at the time of sale. The buyer has 48 hours from the date & time of the sale in which to have the puppy checked by a licensed Veterinarian and is urged to do so. If Buyer does NOT take puppy to vet within 48 hours this contract is VOID. Any vaccinations or worming is included in the price of the puppy and were done as a preventive step to protect the puppy. If buyer’s veterinarian finds anything seriously wrong with the puppy, the buyer will be refunded the price of the puppy only. Provided a letter from the examining Veterinarian is offered as evidence of the puppy’s illness. Before any money is refunded, the breeder will be allowed to take the puppy to the vet to verify illness. Note: The cost of any medical treatment at the time of the examination by your vet is sole responsibility of the buyer.
NO REIMBURSEMENT WILL BE MADE OF ANY MEDICAL EXPENSES
The seller assumes no responsibility on this puppy after leaving the premises, including medical expenses, mortality, landlord’s disapproval, allergy to animals, disagreement with family, or for any other reason. It is further understood and agreed that no warranty or representation has been made with respect to sold puppy, except as set forth in writing in this agreement. NO REFUND IS GIVEN AFTER THE 48 HRS!!
I have read the above information and agree to said terms.
Seller/Breeder ______________________________ Date _______________
Buyer ____________________________________ Date _______________

Do I have anything to worry about? Should I get a lawyer or play it on my own? Thank you very much. God Bless

Last edited:

FingerLakes

1st: I am not an attorney
2nd: I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

1. Do you still have the purchase aggreement they signed? If so, take that with you.

2. Where did you get the text you posted about the staph infection in dogs? From a website? Maybe something signed by a veterinary professional that backs this information up would be good to have to give to the judge.

naabugone

what has I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night to do with anything?

What do you mean "I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night"?

justalayman

What do you mean "I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night"?

it's a joke in reference to the commercials Holiday Inn Express used to run where some person would do some highly technical or skilled action. The bystanders would ask if s/he was a doctor or whatever was applicable and they would respond with:

No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">