• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue for this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

negative

Hello,

I recently applied for a Study Abroad program in China, because of their failure to assist me for applying for residency; I'm being fined 5,000 RMB (750USD). I was not able to apply myself because I could not speak a word of Chinese. This program is suppose to prove me with assistance through-out my stay in China.
Is this a viable reason to Sue? Thanks for reading.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello,

I recently applied for a Study Abroad program in China, because of their failure to assist me for applying for residency; I'm being fined 5,000 RMB (750USD). I was not able to apply myself because I could not speak a word of Chinese. This program is suppose to prove me with assistance through-out my stay in China.
Is this a viable reason to Sue? Thanks for reading.
Do you speak English? US Law Only!

It all depends upon whatever the contract states.

It the company doing the referring charges you $750 for just sending you an envelope, then guess what? They did what they said they would.

Verbal assurances are worth the paper they are written on. Read over the contract and find out just what their obligations are.

If a foreign country assesses you a fine, just don't visit that country. They can't collect in the US. If they already have your money, count it as a lesson learned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">