• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Waters Edge

We are in a condo assocaition in Michigan.

I am hoping you can help resolve a disagreement that I am having with the management company and our Board. We have renters that park 3 vehicles outside their junk filled 2-car garage. They park two of their vehicles outside their garage and the third in the common area sometimes blocking the view of oncoming traffic as others try to pull out of their driveways. I contend that they must park at least one of their vehicles in their attached garage as per Article VI, Section 7 (a) of the By-laws. The management company and another board member contends that they have the right to park in the common area for 48 hours at a time, Section 7 (b). I say that Article VI, Section 7 (a) supersedes Section 7 (B).

What do you think?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

joe in calif

Our CC&R'S state that you must park 2 vehicles in the garage before any approved vehicles can be parked out side. (this is to keep the garage from becoming a work shop or storage area) If yours reads the same way I would say you are right. We had one person move because with all their other STUFF, they couldn't fit their car in the garage. They should get a violation letter and be fined until the situation is resolved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">