• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Due Process Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

acoalson

I was suspended and ultimately expelled resulting from vadalism I was involved in at my public high school in Virginia. I was never given a hearing for my initial ten (10) day suspension and when I was alerted of the expulsion hearing I was never given a list or told the specific charges. Futhermore I was told that a lawyer in the proceedings would not be necessary. Upon going to the expulsion hearing I had not yet been convicted of any crime. I was never given a chance to call witnesses or "cross-examine" the school board's witness. I believe these incidents are direct violations of my 14th and 5th amendment rights. Do you feeI this was illegal? I would like to know if I can legally have this suspension and expulsion removed from my record as well as recieve punitive damages?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">