• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husband is a retard =)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

omgthissucks

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

We drove 700 miles round-trip for a 78 ford bronco my husband has always wanted. We found it on craigslist and it said it ran great- on the phone she said it had no mechanical problems thats why it was $3500. We get there and my husband is so excited he doesn't listen to me when I said my gut told me they were lying..... we check the oil, etc. and everything is fine. we drive 20 miles to get an oil change before we head home and the mechanic refuses to do so, says there is no oil or tranny fluid left. we go to start the car and it wont even start anymore. we told the guy and he came back said he spent our money and oh well. he gave us the pink slip but didnt put a date amount mileage etc. he DID NOT sell it 'as is' either. we were dumb for rushing but our baby was very upset and it was hectic..... my husband is too trusting. ok long story but any way to get our money back?? chances in small claims court? we had to drive home with the truck stuck at walmart 350 miles away..... can he be held responsible for towing ($1,400)??? My husband is so depressed and I am stressed. Any help or advice would be nice.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

We drove 700 miles round-trip for a 78 ford bronco my husband has always wanted. We found it on craigslist and it said it ran great- on the phone she said it had no mechanical problems thats why it was $3500. We get there and my husband is so excited he doesn't listen to me when I said my gut told me they were lying..... we check the oil, etc. and everything is fine. we drive 20 miles to get an oil change before we head home and the mechanic refuses to do so, says there is no oil or tranny fluid left. we go to start the car and it wont even start anymore. we told the guy and he came back said he spent our money and oh well. he gave us the pink slip but didnt put a date amount mileage etc. he DID NOT sell it 'as is' either. we were dumb for rushing but our baby was very upset and it was hectic..... my husband is too trusting. ok long story but any way to get our money back?? chances in small claims court? we had to drive home with the truck stuck at walmart 350 miles away..... can he be held responsible for towing ($1,400)??? My husband is so depressed and I am stressed. Any help or advice would be nice.
You didn't get it inspected by a mechanic before you handed over the money, by some chance? Have you had the problem diagnosed yet?

Sorry, but I don't see much hope for getting reimbursed for the truck and none for the tow. If you sue him it will have to be in the State where you bought it.

You had a chance to inspect the vehicle before paying. You didn't. You have the option on how to get it home, you chose the most expensive one.

While your husband might be a retard, just remember how smart you were to marry him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">