• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice on Enforcing Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CAJ32

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

Hi! I am the victim of a bad landlord good tenant situation. Per the Judge’s instructions, we had to discuss settling before he would hear our case. After my landlord saw that I was serious and had significant evidence to more than prove my case, she decided to settle. She agreed to pay me last Friday. However, I have not heard from her since no less receive the payment awarded. What would be the best way to resolve this case, as I was told I have two garnishment options: (1) Her credit report for $7.50 or (2) Her paycheck or bank accounts for $74.50? Unfortunately, I do not know where she works or bank primarily. If I chose the latter, how do I go about finding out where she works and banks? I ask because I was told I need to know this information. Could I ask the court to send her a request for this information? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">