• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seller tried to reneg then created havoc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fredistare

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

this is about a year of chaos that has created loss of work, money spent for sellers' obligations and money spent for due to seller's retaliatory actions.

Bought a home (modular) in a park, paid down payment, the next month seller tries to evict me, the following two months are spent with a lawyer, we come to a agreement and sign a contract, the contractual conditions were never met by the seller and instead harassment starts. Phone calls late at night 6 times in a row and same in the morning (went on for 3 months sporadically), police coming to the house with seller to "discuss" the selling of the home, threatening violence on me, cashed a check that was covered by cash and suppose to be destroyed, calling the neighbors with slanderous remarks about me, harassing the neighbors, i had to pay fees to the park that were owed by the seller, slanderous remarks about me to the park association and management company, telling the police I was going to burn the place down, telling the lawyer i was going to burn the place down. I have witnesses for all these allegations.

Because of this "nightmare" buying experience I have loss so much money this year. Some money lost due to paying the sellers' debts and other money lost due to lost work hours. The lost work hours are from three factors; 1) phone calls at night then early in the morning causing weariness -- 2) the stress of having to deal with this situation and because the sellers" phone calls were very raging 3) having to spend actual time dealing with tasks created by the sellers' inappropriate actions (like traveling to the lawyers, traveling to the management company, meetings with the lawyer, management, park association, having to prepare for the meetings)

I suppose the wisest question would be "How should I go about recovering my losses?"

Get a new lawyer. Apparently the one you are using isn't doing much. It sounds way too complicated for a lay person to tackle in Small Claims Court.

It sounds like this seller is crossing the line into criminality with the harassment. A lawyer will be able to take this to Civil Court, get an injunction to stop him, and recover some of what you have lost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">