• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pine tree troubled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinetroubled

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? utah
my neighbor has five very large pine trees, about 40-50 years old, that are planted on our property line. my driveway runs paralell and abouttwo feet from the property line. these trees completly coverdriveway and my driveway, roof and raingutters are constantly covered with pine needles and cones. also my car is covered with pine gum and bird crap from these trees. now the roots of these trees are breaking up and lifting my driveway, which is about 5 years old. the property with the pine trees is a rental, although the tenants have been there for about 19 years. bouth renters and owner refuse to do anything about the trees. do i have any legal recourse?

Last edited:

FarmerJ

How do you know for a fact that the trees are on the property line ? did you have a boundry survey done that shows them to be right on the line ?

pinetroubled

property line

there is a chainlink fence which was installed many years ago the pine trees are so close the trunks are pushing the fence over.

MoJoDon'tDance

This is a direct quote from this site: " Your options are: 1) Get the neighbor to agree that you may cut down the tree. 2) Cut it down and hope the neighbor doesn't sue you. 3) Cut off any part of the tree that extends over your property line (branches, portions of trunk, roots, etc.). These parts of the tree belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them. This will of course kill the tree, forcing the neighbor to take the rest of it down. Expect your neighbor never to talk to you again. 4) Build your fence inside or around the tree. 5) Build your fence right up to the tree trunk. In all cases, get a survey of your back property line. You may find the tree is entirely yours. "

Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">